Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Tornado


Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1H2iGCe

Tornado

The black, intimidating sky lurked overhead. Thunderclouds clapped off in the distance and lightning danced along the skyline. Tornadoes had touched down all across the plain and it wasn’t over yet. Grandfather and I sat in the meadow as he revealed the dreadfulness of that night.
The family was safely tucked away in the underground bunker, listening and waiting for the storm to be over. When the all clear horn rang, my father carefully opened the double trap doors and let them flop to the ground. I couldn’t wait to escape the torturous dungeon. I pushed past my sister, raced up the steps, around my father, who had stopped to stare, and out onto the paddock. I breathed in fresh clean air like I never smelled before, then gasped in horror!
“Dad… Dad, where is our house?” I choked. He couldn’t answer me. I don’t think he could believe what he was seeing and was in shock. Our house was completely gone. Later that summer I was hiking to the river to go fishing and came upon this bathtub just sitting in the field. I recognized it as being the one from our house, because it had a big chip in the porcelain in the exact spot as ours. I’ve been coming back here every summer to remind myself of the day we were lucky to be alive.
GET A SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK. VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment