Sunday, July 12, 2015

Different Worlds

Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1HT83HD

Different Worlds


Jake and I sat up, feeling our way in the pitch black. We pushed a heavy door open and walked into a plush pasture full of wild flowers.  I glanced at Jake. He looked dull, flat without color, then it occurred to me the pasture was a mucky gray. The sky was dark and endless, with no clouds, sun, or moon. I wondered about the light, but that quickly left my thoughts when I noticed a warm breeze blowing.
I tapped Jake on the shoulder, easy at first then harder. He turned. His face lit up in abject fear, pointing behind me. I spun to see a black hairy spider the size of a medium built dog. I screamed, but no sound escaped my throat. By the time I looked back at Jake he was running across the field. I followed. My legs were heavy and clumsy. I tried mightily to move them faster, but to no avail. My chest expanding and contracting in my labored breathing, I raced for my life. I crashed into an invisible, solid wall. Jake was gone, the spider was closing in, and I was flat on my back.  A huge hand reached down from the sky and plucked me from the danger. My eyes opened and I was in my bed.
GET A SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK. 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6

No comments:

Post a Comment