Friday, July 17, 2015

A Tale Begins


Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
7 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt - Cory Doctorow
http://bit.ly/1HTzaMo

A Tale Begins



The wooden slats creaked under Trevor Brady’s feet as he paced back and forth in the shade of the porch, seized with indecision. The rising sun revealed the property's vast vineyards and the house itself, standing majestically on a hill overlooking it all, surrounded by manicured lawns still glistening with dew. Just on the other side of the large mahogany door, he heard a dog's long nails click against the tile floor.
                Trevor raised his hand to knock, hesitated, and then dropped his arm back to his side and resumed, pacing.
                Do I dare knock and present myself? Maybe she won’t remember me... but yet, she might, since the Council restored her memories, last night. Yeah, yeah, she has her memories back, but what if she is afraid of me after all these years?” Maybe I ought to give her some time to adjust. He stepped away from the front door and descended the steps.
“If she has her memories back she will know who I am and why I haven’t aged.” He swiped the loose hair out of his eyes.
“I have to know if she has forgiven me; if she can give me a second chance. Okay, here I go, for what feels like the twentieth time.”
                He gathered his courage and willed his feet forward one step at a time, his mind racing. He’d been in love with the girl behind the door for as long as he could remember, “But, I get ahead of myself: This tale actually begins in the early 1700’s...”

This is the opening Prologue to my novel 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper. GET A SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK.  VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment