Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Morning Walk


Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
11 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1CDnUHV

Morning Walk


My morning walk started out great. I headed for the beach taking my usual route. The wind was blowing a little stronger than normal, but the air smelled of fresh rain and wet sand. I breathed deep cleansing my lungs.
By the time I reached the beach I noticed the river had grown overnight and there was a hunk of a man-made breakwater lying on the shore. I could see the posts had rotted away and left our white sand littered. I walked past, following the river down to the sea, looking for a place to cross without getting my feet wet. I reached the mouth, where the fresh water meets the ocean. It was really wide, but I figured I could hop from semi-dry patch to semi-dry patch. All was going according to plan until I reached a deep part of the river racing into tiny waves.
“I can do this,” I convinced myself and leaped. It was a doozy. My toe caught on the edge tripping me and causing me to fall face first into an oncoming wave. My mouth filled with gritty sand and salt water. It tasted brackish. Spitting and gagging I looked up to see if anyone witnessed my clumsiness. There wasn’t anyone around, but on the horizon, cruise ships were making their way to port. I sighed. It wouldn’t be long before our small beach town would be inundated with tourists.
“I better get back and cleaned up before I report to the docks,” I groaned, standing, and scraping the wet sand from my hands, knees, and clothes. “This is impossible.”  My day had taken a turn for the worse, “I hope it gets better from here,” I shook my head in disgust. 
GET A SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK. 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6

No comments:

Post a Comment