Sunday, June 7, 2015

Guess the Boss.


Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
11 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1ItWCWr
Guess the Boss
I stood at the register, shifting my weight from one foot to the other, when she walked up. A stumpy, overweight woman wearing an outfit two sizes too small. She slammed her basket full of items on the counter. "I assume she expects me to rifle through them," I thought. "Well, okay anything to take my mind off of my aching feet."
"How are you this afternoon?" I said pleasantly.
"I'd be better if my boss could shop for her own embarrassing stuff," she grumbled and frowned.
"Looks like your boss is a little vain, has a toy fetish and is a closet chocolate and peanut butter junky," I snickered. She stared at me blankly.
"I bet she likes to sit in the bath, read Vanity Fair and eat expensive chocolate," I smiled. "Oh and I'll bet she is tall, thin and gorgeous."
"You nailed her! Why would she need this stuff?"
"Maybe, she has an image to uphold and this is her way of countering all the pressure in her job," I shrugged.
"So you're saying I've miss judged her?" the salty woman stated.
"Just saying... I mean after all, she's your boss..."  2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper can be found on Amazn.Com or through my website. tdcooperbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment