Friday, June 26, 2015

Pinatas



Writing Prompt: Short story
It's that time of week again! This should be a fun one. Get as creative as you'd like and share what you come up with. Stay tuned for our next writing prompt next Friday at 1:00pm ET.
Have fun! smile emoticon




Piñatas

Shelf life is certainly boring. “Hey, donkey, what you say?” snicker, snicker. “Mr. Clown face, you sure have been here a long time.” “My tissue paper is clean and fresh. I came straight from the shipping crate.”
“Oh, little girl, pick me. I love parties. I’ll make a great piñata. Everyone loves stars!”
“Oh, it’s me, she picked me!”
“Ooo, that tickles. What are you putting in my stomach? Little pieces of candy and small toys. Come on mom fill me up,” giggle, giggle.
“A little bit higher, dad… there, that ought to be about right. Now tie the rope tight, there you go! Whoa, that’s a long way down, I’m a little woozy, hanging way up here!”
“There’s the doorbell. Run little birthday girl your friends are here. We’re going to have a great time.”
“Everyone is having such fun playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey, tag, and hide-n-seek. I wish I had legs so I could join in the games. I bet I would win a prize.”
“And here comes the cake… ‘Happy Birthday to you, happy Birthday to you, happy birthday dear Emily, happy birthday to you!’ Presents, look at that great dolly. Emily sure is happy.”
“Oh man, what a great party, so sad it’s over. Emily had such a wonderful time.
“What’s this…? They’re putting a blind fold on Emily. She’s standing under me. Dad is handing her a big stick and he’s spinning her around and around. Wait a minute, don’t swing me like that! I just got used to hanging here… I’m dizzy! I’m spinning! Bam! Whack! Smash…!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment