Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lies...


Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
8 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1Qn5RvV


 Lies...
As I sit in front of my computer on the day of my birth, contemplating today’s writing prompt, I realize I must do some soul searching. I can think of many lies I’ve told myself over the years; not quite sure how to rate them. Each served a purpose at the time. There are the classics… weight, wrinkles and that I can truly operate a computer on my own. But that isn’t the purpose of this prompt.
What are the BIGGEST lies I tell myself? So tough… My life is blessed with the needs of a disabled adult child (as I’m sure many of you are). She is high functioning, which in itself can be problematic, because the outside world doesn’t see the entire struggle. I lie to myself daily, “Today will be a good day. She will not have a medical emergency. She will understand the people around her and not get her feelings hurt or aggravate them. And for just one day she can be truly happy.”
I don’t face this truth, because some days my lie comes true and to change it means there is no HOPE!
My Book -- 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper can be found at
TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6Bottom of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment