Saturday, June 6, 2015

Train Station



Train Station:

"What are we waiting for?" I groaned, wiping the fog from the window of the train car. "Oh, wow, the rain is coming down."
The loading platform was congested with travelers rushing to board. Amongst them stood a frail lady, hunched with rounded shoulders, a cane and orthopedic shoes. Beside her stood a tall, young man. They appeared to be in a disagreement. I slid the window open just an inch or so to listen.
"Grandma, please let me take you back to our house. You know you're happier there. Sue and the kids love you and want you to stay," he pleaded.
She shook her head adamantly, "I must go home. The cats are there alone and I have my bridge group. Besides your grandfather won't know where to find me," she argued, stepping through the door.
"Grandma, you know Grandpa has been gone for years. He can watch over you from our house."
"No... He's waiting for me! I'm leaving and that is the end of it," she spit and strode inside. The younger man's head drooped below his shoulders and plodded off, shaking his head.
I closed my window and settled back into my seat. The cars lurched forward. "Finally we are on our way," I sighed. The privacy door to my car slid open and standing in the doorway was the same lady I'd witnessed, earlier with a gray haired, older gentlemen. 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper can be purchased through Amazon.com or find a link on my website.  tdcooperbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment