Thursday, June 11, 2015

Trip to the Bookstore

 
 
Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
18 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1GubbY2
 
Trip to the Bookstore
My goal is to write stories not lists, so let’s see if I can turn this into a short story.
“Karen, I have to run to the bookstore and pick up a couple of books,” I shouted, walking out the door. It slammed behind me. My breath left me in a heavy sigh. I turned, went back in the house, and threw my purse on the table.
“Mom, what’s wrong?” Karen called, coming out of the grandchildren’s bedroom.
“I have a flat tire, so I’m going... nowhere.”
“You can probably get whatever you want on the internet.”
“But I don’t know how to use it,” I sighed, feeling out of touch with the world.
“I’ll help,” Karen said encouragingly. “It’s not that hard… look.” Karen sat down at the computer and began punching buttons and clicking links. “Okay, what do you want?”
“Well, I’m not sure. I was going to browse,” I groaned.
“Okay, you like fantasy, a good paranormal story with a little love. Here’s one that looks interesting 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper.”
“Yes, I’ve heard it is good and has five stars. Get it! I also want the Rush Revere series by Rush Limbaugh for the boys and The Art and Craft of Fiction by Victoria Mixon. I was thinking about writing a story.”
“Is that it?” I nodded that it was. She clicked and typed and clicked some more. “All done… they will be here in a couple of days.”
“Thank you… Now can you get someone here to fix my tire?"
 
My Book -- 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper can be found at
TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6

No comments:

Post a Comment