Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Look Through your Senses

 Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
14 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1ds6iDm

 Look Through your Senses
The fresh scent of newly wet dirt puffs through the screen door. My eyes open, I yawn and stretch. A new day is about to dawn. I relax back against my pillow and listen to the birds chirp. The air has a heavier, thicker feel to it than I'm used to and my skin is no long taut. I breathe in deeply only to taste the cigarette smoke blowing in from the neighbor's backyard. I swallow hard, ridding myself of the brackish taste. I kick what little sheet is covering my legs off with my toes. I'm already warm and a bit sticky, but I'm excited to hear the clap of thunder miles off in the distance. We so seldom get rain I can hardly wait to look into the sky.  

My Book --  2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper can be found at
TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6 

No comments:

Post a Comment