Monday, June 22, 2015

Not My Fondest Memory



Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
7 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1CmRDPV



Not My Fondest Memory

When I was eight-years-old my best friend was a girl named Cathy. We were together almost every day. Living in a small town we walked to and from school together. The thing I most remember about her is on our way home one afternoon we stopped at the local Five-and -Dime and picked up our traditional quarter pound of candy corn. While chatting, giggling and sharing our candy we made our way through town to the railroad tracks.
The train crossing signal began to ring and that was a clue to hustle across the tracks before we had to wait for the train. Running, we approached the tracks where a man encouraged us to hurry across, which we did. A few minutes later we heard the train screeching to a halt. On the other side of the crossing we heard the other kids screaming, "That man got hit by the train!"
Cathy and I were devastated! I mean, after all, we'd just talked to him. I don't think either of us had ever run home as fast as we did that day.
My Book -- 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com.
The Kindle can be found here http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6 or CreateSpace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment