Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mornings



Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1Np78g6


Mornings

An eye peeks through lashes, “Awe, daylight! How can that be? I just went to sleep,” she mumbles, closing the eye and yawning. “Um,” she stretches. “Where’s the phone? What time is it?” Her hand fumbles on the nightstand until she feels the phone. “It can’t be 7:30… It’s seven thirty? Oh my gosh, I have thirty minutes to get to the gym.” Tara flies out of bed and into the closet. She pulls on the spandex shorts and midriff top, splashes water in her face, brushes her teeth, and brushes her hair into a ponytail. “Just a little deodorant, mascara, eyebrows and lip gloss.  Where did I leave my shoes?” She frantically searches the house in all the obvious places, but finds them under the bed. Thank you lord… Danny remembered to make coffee. “Purse, keys and I’m out the door. I’m going to make it with five minutes to spare.”    

 OR

Since morning is an irrelevant term here in space my day starts with a glance out the window to make sure we are still in orbit around the small moon. “My life support systems are all on line and now for a cup of coffee from the dispenser, “Not the best I’ve tasted.” The next thing to do is check the duty log. I pull myself along the space station corridor and through the hatch to the bridge. I float up to the many monitors and check the roster. “Halleluiah, I have the next eight hours off. I’m off to the gym and then a breakfast fit for a king… egg paste, bacon paste, and English muffin, with jelly paste.
My Book -- 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com.
The Kindle can be found here http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6 or CreateSpace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment