Monday, August 10, 2015

Smitten

Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1EiRTR7

Smitten


I hid behind a big old oak, outside the part of town where people leaned whatever building materials they could find against a pole, to put a roof over their heads, and waited for Susie. She came down the dusty road and I followed her toward school. She skipped along in her second hand, blue ballet slippers, yellow and blue gingham dress, and yellow ribbon that decorated her cascading blonde hair. I was smitten. The problem was, she hadn’t even noticed me.

She spun and caught me deliberately slowing my gait to stay behind her. “Clarence, instead of stalking me get up here and carry my books,” she giggled. I melted. Her rich azure eyes and the smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks made my heart pound.

I took three giant steps and slowed beside her. She offered up her books with an intoxicating smile. I stuttered and stammered, finally reaching in my pocket, pulling out a ripe green apple I’d picked off our orchard tree this morning. 

“Oh boy,” she gushed, “I haven’t had breakfast, thank you!” I smiled, taking her books, tucking them under my arm, and watching her bite into the crisp apple. 

“Have you read today’s chapter in history?” I asked.

“No, I was too tired after helping mom with the Widow Johnston’s laundry,” she frowned.

“Great we have time, let’s do it now.”

“Really? How about under this tree,” she beamed. I spread my jacket on the ground she sat and we read.

2nd Chances: A Book of Choices. Imagine a two hundred and fifty year love affair with a guardian angel and the reincarnated soul of his soulmate. Trevor Brady drowned while pirating on the Caribbean in the 1700’s and was given a chance to redeem his soul. He begins life anew as a guardian of human beings. His true love dies and...
GET A SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK. 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment