Friday, August 14, 2015

Bullies on the Bus

Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
12 hrs ·
Daily Writing Prompt


Bullies on the Bus



Time felt like it was standing still as I sat on the adjacent seat, watching the boy on the bus be tormented. He reminded me of Joey when he was twelve, I was six at the time. I wished I could tell the boy about what I’d seen of Joey’s feelings being hurt by his bully. I remembered Joey being degraded and the rest of the school laughing and egging on the harassment. I wanted to be brave enough to step in, today, but I was afraid of this guy too. He’d threatened my twin sister.

I had my head down and my eyes in my lap, thinking about Joey and my sister. Joey finally took matters into his own hands and solved his problem, but he was doing life. I didn’t think that was the answer, I had plans and they didn’t include jail time. And then there was my sibling, she was innocent, nice and I guess pretty, (enough people had told me so).

“If that guy ever picks on you let me know,” she’d whispered in my ear last week.

“What are you going to do?” I asked shocked.

“Set him straight!” she retorted. My mind whirled with the implication.

“Hey, kid how’s your twin sister?” the bully laughed, squeezing my shoulder and standing over me. It hurt! I got mad! I jumped up, ready to confront him eye to eye. The top of my head collided with the underneath of his chin. His head snapped back and he fell straight back onto the bus floor, out cold.

 “YAY!” cheered the bus load of students. I rubbed the top of my head, it smarted. 



2nd Chances: A Book of Choices
Imagine a two hundred and fifty year love affair with a guardian angel and the reincarnated soul of his soulmate.
Trevor Brady drowned while pirating on the Caribbean in the 1700’s and was given a chance to redeem his soul. He begins life anew, as a guardian of human beings. Trevor also finds himself in love with what may be the reincarnation of his childhood sweetheart, who was murdered by Trevor’s former ship captain. To make things worse, it looks like the ship’s captain has returned from the grave, bent on taking his revenge on Trevor and all whom he loves. They all collide in the world of kidnapping, drugs, and slavery.
https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1174204 I've established a createspace.com preview link. You can get a paperback copy from this site.
GET A SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK. 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ TDCooperbooks.com. Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6..

No comments:

Post a Comment