Friday, November 6, 2015

Vision



Vision


I’ve always been a bit on the blind side. In fact by all standards I’m legally blind. Glasses don’t really help. I still wear them, because I can use all the help I can get. On this particular day it was overcast, dark with huge Cumulonimbus clouds hanging over our heads on the playground. I was hanging out with my girlfriends; they were teaching me some dance moves. When out of the corner of my eye I saw a pair of hands, palms up, robe type sleeves covering the arms, white, and semi-solid.
I held my breath and poked my friend next to me. I pointed up, “Do you see that,” I inhaled.

“See what… Clouds?” she mocked me.

“We have to get indoors, now,” I exclaimed.

“You’re crazy,” she laughed. 

I didn’t wait around to convince my friends. I needed a teacher to clear the playground and get us into the storm cellars. Mrs. Cubbins was staring up at the sky and not watching us play. “Mrs. Cubbins, you need to get us underground, now! Please! I can’t explain why… I just know something bad is coming. Please trust me. I… I saw a sign. I did… I promise…,” I said gasping, shifting my weight from foot to foot and being animated with my hands.

“Calm down, Dear,” she said softly never looking at me.

“Please, I saw a sign in the sky. It told me to get out of here…” I shouted, embarrassing myself a little.

“But you’re all but blind. I’m sorry that was insensitive,” she finally looked at me and patted my head.

“Mrs. Cubbins,” I screamed. She stepped back. “Sorry, maybe that’s why I saw the hands telling us to hurry out of here. Please, just humor me this one time…” I stared up at her.

“Okay, I don’t like the looks of that sky anyway,” she acknowledge, blowing her whistle. We all lined up and proceeded to the storm cellars, just as the wind picked up. By the time we were all accounted for, secured, and the last door slammed into place. An F5 tornado touched down on our playground. It proceed through the campus tearing off roofs and flattening portable trailers. The tornado moved into town and finally out to the countryside where it dissipated.

I breathed a sigh of relief and was thankful for the first time with my eyesight or lack thereof.

TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS also for your enjoyment I've posted my 1st place short short story. TDCooperbooks.com #NewAdult #Paranormal #Fantasy #Romance Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment