Monday, November 9, 2015

Grandparents are Special

Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1lcOikC

Grandparents are Special



“’Grandparents are special,” Tamera began her story. “They have the inside scoop on a parent, can be a confidant, and defender,” she wrote.’” 

But in her particular situation she was left with one set of grandparents and then her grandfather died rather early in her young life, so she was left with one grandmother.

“’My grandmother was the best. I never missed having more grandparents and I think grandma made sure that was the case. She filled the void. I was the oldest grandchild which gave us a special connection and she lived close by. I would rather be at her house than in my own and when I ran away from home that is where I went. Of course mom and dad knew where I’d gone so they didn’t worry too much.

“’I remember one particular episode in high school. I received a love letter from a person I was not interested in and a little afraid of. It had been requested of me to meet this person after school where he’d be waiting as I walked home. My first instinct was to head for Grandma’s which was in the opposite direction. I showed her the letter, she read it, tore it into little pieces, and flushed it. 

‘“Do not tell your father of this,” she instructed me.

“’But what about school?” I said.

“’Ignore it, be nice, and all will be fine,” she assured me. And she was right.

‘“I miss her terribly and would like to seek her advice one more time.’” She ended her story with tears filling her eyes. 


TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS also for your enjoyment I've posted my 1st place short short story. TDCooperbooks.com #NewAdult #Paranormal #Fantasy #Romance Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment