Monday, October 19, 2015

Tears

Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1ZHpQri

Tears



The first day of seventh grade, a teenager, and so many changes. I felt the pressure to be dressed appropriately, to hate the right teachers, and to use the grown up words. None of which made much sense to me. I didn’t feel any different, but my friends were caught up in the struggle to pick and be accepted into the proper clique.

I walked out onto the yard wearing my new red skirt; confident and proud, after all I’d made it all by myself over the summer. My sewing teacher assured me I was fabulous for using a sewing machine.
My friends circled around, teasing me about the elastic waistband. “Hey, Chloe, you know what they say about clothes made out of elastic, don’t you?” I stood dumbfounded as the crowd closed in on me. I felt my skirt being grabbed and then it was around my ankles. The girls darted away laughing hysterically. I looked up and half the boy’s class stood watching and laughing. 

I slowly pulled the thing back up into place, turning with tears in my eyes, I walked toward the restroom. “Where was the pool? I understood the water and it me. We had a bond that didn’t require all this phony play acting, this struggle to be liked, approved of, or even accepted.

TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS also for your enjoyment I've posted my 1st place short short story. TDCooperbooks.com #NewAdult #Paranormal #Fantasy #Romance Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment