Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Confession


Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1LdCx2r


Confession


“Ted you have to tell her!” Sherry insisted.

“I know… I just don’t know how.”

“How about a letter?” she suggested.

“Okay, good idea!” he smiled. Later that evening he sat down at his desk and began a letter explaining his choice to his mom.

Dear Mom,
I have something to tell you, but first I wanted to let you know that I love you and appreciate all the advice you have given me. My decision to go against you was not to hurt or frighten you, but to make you proud. So here it is…

Four months before my graduation I enlisted in the Navy. I leave tomorrow for officer’s school. They will finish my training and pay for my education. For me… I will have satisfied a deep desire to protect this great country. The country you risked everything for, when you brought our family here.
The Land of Opportunity is what you called it! You were right! I need you to understand that this opportunity will strengthen me and allow me to insure others have the same hope!

Love always,
Ted

“What do you think Sherry?” Ted asked, handing her his letter.

“Perfect!” she grinned.

TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS also for your enjoyment I've posted my 1st place short short story. TDCooperbooks.com #NewAdult #Paranormal #Fantasy #Romance Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment