Tuesday, October 20, 2015

More from 2nd Chances: A Book of Treasures

Writers Write added a new photo to the album: Writing Prompts.
Daily Writing Prompt
http://bit.ly/1LjrIiz


More from 2nd Chances: A Book of Treasures


“Trevor, I baked cookies. You know you want one,” Kate teased, knowing I hated to eat food, but handing me a hot chocolate-chip cookie, anyway.
“They smell wonderful,” I inhaled deeply, setting the treat on the mantle while I stirred the embers and added a log.
The rain poured from the heavens as we sat curled up on the sofa in front of the blazing fire. Kate wrapped in a blanket with her plate of cookies and a glass of milk. And I content, life in my eyes was perfect. I remembered saying a little prayer to have this day last forever. I noticed her yawn and so I offered my lap as a pillow. She cuddled up comfortably.
“Tell me again about your stay at Hearst Ranch. I can’t hear that story enough,” Kate smiled and closed her eyes.
“I guess! How many times have you heard this story? I really don’t think there is anything I can add,” I groaned teasingly.
“I don’t care… It’s my favorite!” Kate snickered.
I could deny her nothing, so I began, “It was the fourth of July weekend and we…”
It wasn’t long into my rendition before Kate was gently snoring in sleep. I picked her up and placed her in her bed, “Good night my love,” I said, kissing her forehead, and turning out the light.
By morning she had left this earth… She had left me forever!


TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS also for your enjoyment I've posted my 1st place short short story. TDCooperbooks.com #NewAdult #Paranormal #Fantasy #Romance Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment