Saturday, September 5, 2015

Strangers

Writing Prompt
Hello and welcome to another writing prompt! Let's test your skills and see if you can make us weep! Up for the challenge? Submit your response in the comment section below. Good luck!


Strangers



Jeff plodded through the quad. His mind raced from the conversation he’d just had with Candy, his wife. “She never loved me! She never told me she was pregnant. Our whole marriage was about her reaching the proper social status. My dad warned me and I didn’t listen. Well no more! She can rot in hell for aborting my child. I would have given anything to have been a father,” he fumed, picking up his cell phone to call his attorney. “I told her I was filing for divorce… this time I’m following through!”

He had the phone to his ear, waiting on hold as he passed by a pretty undergraduate. She was crying quietly under a flowering plum tree.  He marched passed her not thinking twice.
He heard a loud sob behind him. He turned to see the young woman bring a knife from her purse and open the blade. He stopped abruptly, dropping the phone from his ear. He thought he’d heard a “Hello,” but it didn’t matter now.

The young woman pulled her sleeve up and bared the inside of her wrist. He watched as she placed the knife on the tender white skin. He ran back to her, “Stop! Don’t!” he yelled. She paused, looking up at him. Tears streamed down her cheeks and dripped off her chin. 

“Go Away!” she sniffed.

“What can be so dreadful that you would want to hurt yourself?” he said with urgency.

“Not that it matters, but I’m pregnant, my boyfriend left, and the baby will be born with a birth defect. He won’t live long after he is born. So go away. I have nothing to live for,” she spat.

Jeff thought for a moment. He remembered his phone call, “Carl, sorry to make you wait. I need to speak to you right now, I’ll be there in twenty minutes with a friend. 

She stared up at him, the tears had slowed, “What are you doing?” she asked softly.

“Trust me, I haven’t had the best news today either, but I think we can help each other. You are coming with me and we are going to solve both of our problems,” he said authoritatively. 


TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99
Imagine a two hundred and fifty year love affair with a guardian angel and the reincarnated soul of his soulmate.
Trevor Brady drowned while pirating on the Caribbean in the 1700’s and was given a chance to redeem his soul. He begins life anew, as a guardian of human beings. Trevor also finds himself in love with what may be the reincarnation of his childhood sweetheart, who was murdered by Trevor’s former ship captain. To make things worse, it looks like the ship’s captain has returned from the grave, bent on taking his revenge on Trevor and all whom he loves. They all collide in the world of kidnapping, drugs, and slavery.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS TDCooperbooks.com ‪#‎NewAdult‬ ‪#‎Paranormal‬ ‪#‎Fantasy‬ ‪#‎Romance‬ Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.
REVIEW
Engaging Summer Read
By B. T. Woodward on April 7, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
This book has everything I wanted from a fun piece of fiction- love, loss, religion, existential questions, and pirates. It was very entertaining to read and think about afterwards. Well done, Ms. Cooper!


No comments:

Post a Comment