Saturday, September 19, 2015

Shocking


Writing Prompt:
Shocking

“Nothing shocks me, I’m a scientist,” I said in a lecture I was giving at Cal Poly. Until… the beautiful co-ed sitting in the front row slowly removed her sweater. She caught my attention right in the middle of my thought about global warming. I was explaining that not enough data…. Anyway, she stared at me with her big brown eyes. They weren’t really round, more of an almond shape. Her skin was polished and bronzed by the sun and her lips were shiny. I couldn’t think past that stare, it said something to me. As the sweater pulled off over her head and her face disappeared I somewhat gathered myself. But lying beneath was the same suntanned skin now covered in a tiny, thin strapped t-shirt that barely covered her breasts. They bulged from underneath threatening to expose themselves. I held my breath, the sweater cleared her head, and her hair, silky and straight, wisped back into place. She batted her lids. I read ‘Meet’ on the left and ‘Me’ on the right.

The class started to rustle. I coughed, clearing my throat. “I thought I could never be shocked, because I’m a scientist, but I have been proven wrong today.”

My New Novel... 2nd Chances: A Book of Choices by TD Cooper. This is a story of a man, Trevor Brady, who dies while pirating and is given a chance to redeem his soul after preforming a good deed. During his redemption he becomes a guardian of the innocent. He is allowed to live in a ghostly form or as a living person. Years have passed when he inadvertently meets a girl. He believes she carries the same soul as the girl he’d planned to marry when he was a young man, alive. During this same time his captain, Captain James Hardy, is discovered to have also returned from the dead as an evil ghost. He has promised to destroy everything Trevor is and loves.

Trevor wends up two hundred and fifty years later in an action packed conflict with Kate (future soulmate), Captain Hardy with his crew of kidnappers, and other guardian friends. Trevor is fighting to end the years of taunting by the captain and for a love that he has coveted since the day he danced with the young island girl on the beach.

Below please enjoy some book reviews:
I enjoyed reading this book. Just enough of everything...romance, suspense, excitement. The storyline kept me entertained that it was a fast read for me...I did not want to put it down. The only disappointing thing about the book that I can honestly say is...that it ended!
I look forward to reading more of TD Cooper’s books in the future & so hope there is a sequel to this enchanting book.
Wonderful story. When I first started it, I thought, oh no, not my type of reading, but it grabbed me from the start and I couldn't wait to keep reading. Can't wait for another book from this great author.
This book has everything I wanted from a fun piece of fiction- love, loss, religion, existential questions, and pirates. It was very entertaining to read and think about afterwards. Well done, Ms. Cooper!
Great Read! Well put together and thought out story line. Not a typical girly romance novel. Thank God! It takes some serious twists and turns. Looking forward to more books by this author.
Fantasy, history, love, conflict. This book has all things that make for a fun, relaxing read. I look forward to more from this author.
Great adventure story and love story that spans 200 years! Can't wait for a sequel - hint, hint, T.D Cooper!
TD Cooper 2ND CHANCES: A BOOK OF CHOICES by TD Cooper Amazon Kindle $2.99 and Createspace paperback $13.99.
GET A SIGNED COPY, VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR DETAILS TDCooperbooks.com #NewAdult #Paranormal #Fantasy #Romance Also if you are looking for the Kindle version follow this link http://www.amazon.com/2nd.../dp/B00TD41T3G/ref=sr_1_6.

No comments:

Post a Comment